The 10 year guarantee offers protection against general timber rot and decay – the guarantee does not cover the product against timber splits or warping which may occur naturally over time. To maintain the validity of this guarantee the whole wooden exterior of the product must be painted biennially with an appropriate high quality wood stain/paint and all glazing units must be sealed, inside and out, with silicone or other water tight sealant.
The SOUTHWICKS 10 year guarantee will be deemed invalid if:
- The whole wooden exterior of the product has not been painted biennially with an appropriate high quality wood stain or paint.
- Any windows have not been sealed, inside and out, with silicone or other water tight sealant.
- The product has been customised or adapted in any way.
- At any point after assembly the building has been in contact with any trees, plants or exterior walls which could allow moisture to penetrate the timber.
- Any timber has been cut, pierced or drilled without a subsequent application of approved cut-end treatment.
- The eventual claimant was not the original purchaser of the product.
- The roofing shingles/felt or covering has been damaged allowing water ingress.
Please note: timber is a natural product and prone to changes in appearance, including some movement, warping and splitting, particularly in extreme weather conditions. This will not affect the structural integrity of the product – this is natural and is not covered by a guarantee. Nothing in these Terms affects your consumer statutory rights.