Manufactured by skilled craftsmen using premium quality materials, the garden room provides an ideal sheltered and warm environment to relax and work in. There are superb quality joiner made opening double glazed windows (all supplied with lock and key) allowing the sunlight to pour into the building and illuminate the spacious interior. With the inclusion of heavy duty roof shingles, generous roof overhang and professional draft seals fitted to all doors and windows you can rest assured that the garden room is safely protected from the elements.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Full installation to include:
- Concrete foundations and Base with tanalised bearers
- Shell (Any size) – Superior 44mm Interlocking Logs
- Door – Double glazed toughened glass
- Windows – Double glazed toughened glass
- Premium shingle roof – Choice of colours
- Electrics – Sockets, switches, Internal lighting and external sensor, consumer box, Wiring to mains. Certification
- Full insulation throughout - Kingspan kooltherm k118 insulating system to walls, ceiling and Celotex to floor.
- Heating– Built in timer
- Internal white boarding – Seamless joints
- Internal painting and external preserving and cuprinol shades paint finishing - Many choices
- Flooring – Luxury wood heavy duty vinyl cushion flooring – Comprehensive choice of patterns
- CCTV decoy
- Final finishing
BESPOKE TO YOU
We have a highly versatile range of insulated garden rooms available to suit your needs. Things we will do:
- Make the length, width or even the height just how you want it.
- Add windows, doors and partitions where you really want them.
- Alter the styles of doors and windows to suit your style.
Our experienced team of craftsmen are on hand and willing to help you create an insulated garden room which is entirely unique to you and the perfect fit to your garden. The bespoke building you want may simply be a small tweak based on an existing insulated garden building in our large range, or come from a completely new design devised by you.
BEWARE OF CHEAP IMITATIONS
- The fully insulated garden room features high-grade 44mm interlocking planned and finished scandinavian redwood logs – beware of garden buildings that feature rough edged boards machined from poor quality timber.
- Features a specially designed 4-way chamfered notch-joint system ensuring a tight fit to all boards with no room for damp or wind penetration – beware of log cabins that feature square cut logs with square notch-joint, often leaving a sloppy joint with large visible gaps.
- Features factory fitted pressure treated weatherproof heavy duty floor joists – beware of log cabins with untreated floor joists which offer no protection against damp penetration at floor level or worse still cabins that come with no floor joists at all.
- Features heavy duty premium shingle roofing as standard – beware of log cabins that come with no roof covering or cheap felt, leaving the log cabin completely open to the elements.
- Features oversized extra large doors and windows – most competitor log cabins use narrow doors which can prove difficult for access.
- Features key-lockable opening windows and all doors and windows are professionally draft sealed – beware of log cabins with cheap, ill-fitting doors and windows that cannot be properly secured and are susceptible to the weather.
- Features high quality glazing which is factory silliconed and internally beaded to all doors and windows – beware of log cabins that feature lesser quality materials and provide no window beading.
- Features a generous all round roof overhang which protects the building from severe conditions – beware of log cabins with little or no roof overhanging leaving them vulnerable to the wind and rain.
Under regulations that came into effect on 1 October 2008 outbuildings are considered to be permitted development, not needing planning permission, subject to the following limits and conditions:
- No more than half the area of land around the “original house” would be covered by additions or other buildings.
- No outbuilding on land forward of a wall forming the principal elevation.
- Outbuildings to be single storey.
- Maximum eaves height of 2.5mtrs.
- Maximum overall height of 4 mtrs for dual pitched roof.
- Maximum overall height of 2.5mtrs within 2 metres of a boundary.
- With-in the curtilage of listed buildings any outbuilding will require planning permission.
- If you want to put up small detached buildings, building regulations will not normally apply if the floor area of the building is less than 15 square metres. If the floor area of the building is between 15 and 30 square metres then it should be at least 1 mtr from any boundary. To download a PDF mini guide from the planning portal Click here
We would love to hear from you
We are very pleased with our garden room. The build went well, without any problems, from start to finish. Jon, the "boss" was there for most of the build, and he was very helpful, and efficient. The building is very solidly constructed, and I'm sure we will find it very useful and practical, and expect it to last for many years.
Lee-on-Solent, Hampshire, May 14th 2019
All aspects of the design and build of my Southwick's insulated garden room have been excellent. A great deal of thought has gone into the clever design features and when the materials were delivered to site the level of precision in how everything fitted together was amazing and it comes with peace of mind with its 10 year guarantee. Thanks Jon and team for a hassle-free experience.
Botley, Hampshire, October 12 2018
We are really pleased with our new garden building, which has two fully insulated rooms, which was designed by Jon to meet our needs. We can’t rate Jon and his team highly enough, from initial design to completion of work, everything was carried out in a professional manner, the site was left completely tidy at the end of each day, work completed ahead of schedule, and the building has surpassed our expectations.
Purbrook, Hampshire, April 25 2019